Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create Dynamics 365 entity when SharePoint ListItem is created

Hello,

I'm trying to create a record in Dynamics 365 when a listitem in SharePoint is created. i keep getting a Bad Request error, but the error texts are not really helpful. My guess is that i set the lookup fields in Dynamics 365 wrong, but i dont really know how to properly set one.

Did anyone manage to get the workflow running and could help me with mine?

Best Regards Dennis

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Create Dynamics 365 entity when SharePoint ListItem is created

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you show me a screenshot of how is your flow configured?

Which Dynamics 365 entity are you using?

You said that you set the lookup fields in Dynamics 365 wrong, how did you set the lookup fields?

To test this issue, I create a simple flow to create a record in Account entity when a SharePoint item is created.

It is configured likes below and it works just fine.

3.PNG

Besides, error Bad request means that a setting in an action of the flow doesn’t function as expected, so you may need to correct the problem inside the flow definition.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Mabel,

I'm trying to create a new Case, but i get the same problems with other entities. As long as there are no lookup fields the flows are working. The moment i try to add one, it crashes wirh Bad Request.Unbenannt.PNG

This is my flow. We added some fields.

"Anfragentitel" is a normal text field

"Auswirkung" and "Zuständigkeit" are option fields (they worked like this in another workflow, so i guess they are not the problem here)

"Fällig am" is a date ("Erstellt" is the create date of the item in sharepoint, so this should be fine as well)

"old_Firma" is a lookup field for accounts. "0 SharePoint Gmbh" is an account record.

The Bad Request error points towards the lookup field, expecting a ',' at position 3 in '(0 SharePoint Gmbh)'

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for providing the details.

I made another test with the Case entity. On Dynamics 365, the Customer is a Lookup column, so when configuring the flow, I tried to add either a static value or a dynamic value for the Customer field.

However, the flow failed whenever it was triggered with the error message “Bad request”.

I will help confirm it on my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,158)