cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Create Emails with Attachments in Dyn365 as Email Messages

Hi everyone, 

in the last couple of days I have been trying to make a flow, which creates an Email Message in Dynamics365, when the email in Outlook was flagged. I read several forums and saw that Flow doesn't support the creation of attachments yet. So I tried to create a workaround, by saving the attachments from Outlook to SharePoint online. So far so good - all emails with attachments go directly into a SharePoint List and a new Email Message is being created in Dyn365 under activities:

1.png

2.png

This is where I cannot go further. Does anybody have any clue how I can get the attachments from SharePoint to be presented in the attachment subgrid of the Email section in Dynamics?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mariya_bozhkova ,

Maybe you could refer to the following methods to achieve your needs.

84.PNG85.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Hi @mariya_bozhkova 

Flow now supports the creation of Attachment (ActivityMimeAttachment) for the Email entity in Dynamics 365/CDS using a combination of the CDS connector and CDS (current environment) connector.

I've written a blog post about it.
http://linnzawwin.blogspot.com/2020/05/send-email-from-dynamics-365cds-with.html

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II
Super User II

This isn't currently functionality built into the Dynamics 365 connector for Power Automate. If this is functionality you would like to see added to Flow, please consider submitting it to the Flow Ideas page, where it can be voted on by other users, and tracked and commented on by the Flow team.

With that said, if you have a user license, you may be able to utilize the Dynamics Web API and the HTTP Connector for Power Automate.

👨🏻‍💻 If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mariya_bozhkova ,

Maybe you could refer to the following methods to achieve your needs.

84.PNG85.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you so much for your reply! I haven't tried your solution yet, since we need to stick to the Email due to it's functionalities for replying directly from the system etc. I would suggest this as a new functionality though.

Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Hi @mariya_bozhkova 

Flow now supports the creation of Attachment (ActivityMimeAttachment) for the Email entity in Dynamics 365/CDS using a combination of the CDS connector and CDS (current environment) connector.

I've written a blog post about it.
http://linnzawwin.blogspot.com/2020/05/send-email-from-dynamics-365cds-with.html

Wow that’s great news!!! Thank you so much 😊 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (51,284)