cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Create Environments with a Flow

I am using a flow to create a number of Power Platform environments based on some data in an Excel spreadsheet. The flow loops through the Excel table and creates an environment for each row in the table. As well as creating the environment it then also creates a CDS database for the environment. This is using the PowerPlatform for Admins connectors.

Flow.png

It creates the environment fine. However, for all the environments it creates it sets the prefix for all custom entities and fields to craad_. Usually it is different per environment E.g. cr90b_, cr73b_ etc (With the exception of solutions where you can specify the prefix via a publisher).

Entities.png

I cant see any parameters you can specify in the connector to set the prefix so wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

I am also wondering if i am missing some further steps in the flow that i should be doing when setting an environment up? Nothing is shouting out to me so any help is appreciated. Permissions will be setup separately on the environment but if there are any other actions people recommend when setting up environments via flow i am interested to understand what they are.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Create Environments with a Flow

Hi @MarkPP ,

This prefix seems to be added by default. Even if we manually create a new environment in the Admin center, there is no option for us to define or change the prefix.

The prefix is applied to the newly created environment. If you create new custom entities, the prefix of the display name of these entities will be added by default.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Create Environments with a Flow

Hi @v-bacao-msft thanks for the reply.

I understand the prefix is added by default. However, if you create a new environment in the admin center the prefix is different for every environment you create.

However, when using the PowerPlatform for Admins connectors to create new environments the prefix is the same for every environment that is created. As this is different behavior to when creating via the admin center it seems incorrect. As far as i am aware all environments should have different prefixes. Therefore is this a bug with the connector or is it by design?

Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,365)