cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sperry1625
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Create Event in Outlook on New List Item

I have a list were users enter the requested WFH days.  Once approved I want to do two things, add an event to a shared SharePoint calendar and add an all-day event to the users Outlook calendar.

The first of these is easy, and completed.  The second I am trying to use the Create an event (V4). Technically this works but it just sends an invite to the user from the service account I am using in the flow. So my question is: Can I just create the event on the users calendar? I am thinking no, since I would either have to impersonate the user in the flow or need event creation permissions in the users calendar. Since neither of these is possible, my other solution is to send the invite, but as another account.  Similar to setting the From address in Send an email. Except the Create an event does not have a "From" setting.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Regards,

-S

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sperry1625
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

My original assumptions and solution was the only ones I found. I ended up creating a new account to be used for all flow email notifications/events etc.

Thanks everyone.

Regards,

-S

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @sperry1625 ,

you're right, you can't create an event in another user's calendar, you can do only the things you can normally do using Outlook.

If you want to send the email from another account, you'll need a full account with Office license whose connection you'd use to create the event invite.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]
sperry1625
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

My original assumptions and solution was the only ones I found. I ended up creating a new account to be used for all flow email notifications/events etc.

Thanks everyone.

Regards,

-S

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,046)