cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Create Events/Get Events are not working as expected - or there is a limitation?

Hello,

Flow is created by "User1" that gets events from the "User1" calendar:

get events.png

the same flow is shared with User2, however when User2 runs the same flow, it throws following error:

flowErrorByUser2.png

Output is as follows:

{
    "statusCode"404,
    "headers": {
        "Pragma""no-cache",
        "x-ms-request-id""70e44e96-b3ca-49dd-b82f-cb6794bdf4da",
        "Strict-Transport-Security""max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains",
        "X-Content-Type-Options""nosniff",
        "X-Frame-Options""DENY",
        "Cache-Control""no-store, no-cache",
        "Set-Cookie""ARRAffinity=61d80c13b65dfc3529ea2ad1da4df30df5c4acd6511b1218ceeff1cda8b77340;Path=/;HttpOnly;Secure;Domain=office365-wi.azconn-wi.p.azurewebsites.net,ARRAffinitySameSite=61d80c13b65dfc3529ea2ad1da4df30df5c4acd6511b1218ceeff1cda8b77340;Path=/;HttpOnly;SameSite=None;Secure;Domain=office365-wi.azconn-wi.p.azurewebsites.net",
        "Timing-Allow-Origin""*",
        "x-ms-apihub-cached-response""true",
        "Date""Thu, 18 Mar 2021 11:15:07 GMT",
        "Content-Length""458",
        "Content-Type""application/json",
        "Expires""-1"
    },
    "body": {
        "status"404,
        "message""The specified object was not found in the store.\r\nclientRequestId: 3fd43d41-83a3-4afd-8934-d8cd19c30376\r\nserviceRequestId: 70e44e96-b3ca-49dd-b82f-cb6794bdf4da",
        "error": {
            "message""The specified object was not found in the store.",
            "code""ErrorItemNotFound",
            "originalMessage""The specified object was not found in the store."
        },
        "source""office365-wi.azconn-wi.p.azurewebsites.net"
    }
}

does it mean that "User1"'s Calendar must be shared with "User2" ? Or this is some other issues? Can you please clarify?

Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
chrissahagun
Resolver II
Resolver II

Is the intent so that User2 can see the events in User1's calendar? if so then I believe User1 must share its calendar to User2.

If not, then User2 might need to reestablish its connections to Outlook; the flow might still be configured to connect using User1's credentials.  In the error message, I see there's a 'DENY', which brings me to suspect this is the case.

Ask User2 to reestablish the connection on all Outlook steps using User2 credentials.

chrissahagun_0-1616068392293.png

Another alternative is to create a service account and have the flows configured to connect through that service account.  That service account must in turn have access to all calendars of the users who will utilize the flow.

dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @chrissahagun 

I have shared the calendar with user with permission "View All Details" - however it still throws an error, I assume it's happening because it might require more time to update the permission in Office 365, maybe I should check it after 6/24 hours.

Also, reestablishing the connection, did the job - however this flow will be accessed via "User1" connection by plenty of users - does it mean that those users have to reestablish the connection from their end? This does not sound feasible solution.

Any clue that helps me to remove the manual step of establishing the connection?

Thanks,

chrissahagun
Resolver II
Resolver II

unfortunately i do not have a direct answer to your problem (we are learning together :D)  I however found a couple of docs that you might want to check.  It gives a lot of options on how to deal with your dilemma.

Learn how to share a cloud flow with other users - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Learn to connect to your data using connections and on-premises data gateways - Power Automate | Mic...

These aren't too straightforward but it seems that you can mix and match the steps, depending on your specific situation.

dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You are Awesome @chrissahagun 

With Sharing a calendar + specifying user into "Run only Users" - that user was able to run the flow successfully.

However I still to confirm/test whether the same can be done without sharing a calendar. Probably 1/2 days to test and check further then I will accept your suggestion as solution 🙂 

Thank you for your time on this!

dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @chrissahagun 

I can confirm that by sharing flow with users as "Run Only Users" - it works regardless calendar is shared - Unfortunately, the PowerApps Button flow I have that can not have settings as "Run Only Users" by design ( It's only meant for the Flow button/SharePoint list flows) therefore, I could not utilize this functionality for my solution 😞 

I wonder if I can convert the PowerApps flow button running as Flow button flow 😐 However that's a another case to look at.

Thank you again for your time and understanding!

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,127)