cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Filmbella
Level: Powered On

Create Excel table with unknown number of rows

I am working on a FLOW that will take an Excel email attachment, convert the existing data to a table, then put those rows of data into a SharePoint list. The problem is in the Create Table action as I have to specify the rows and columns, although I know the number of columns the rows always vary. How do I create a table that only captures the rows containing data?

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Create-a-table-in-Excel-for-only-rows-th...

The above post does not help - I tried using it but the actions are different now and it doesn't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Filmbella

Re: Create Excel table with unknown number of rows

I actually figured out the best work around is using a Filter Array after "List items present in table" so that I only utilize the rows with data for the remainder of my configuration.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@Filmbella 

Hi there.  Shot in the dark: But could you use the Create Table to just create a shell and then the "add rows to a table" further down to add each of the rows from the email?

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Filmbella

I actually figured out the best work around is using a Filter Array after "List items present in table" so that I only utilize the rows with data for the remainder of my configuration.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 340 members 5,873 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: