Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClaireAllen
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Create File - allow duplicates

Hello Community,

I need your help please.

I've built a flow that takes an attachment from a list and then creates a new file in a SharePoint Library

The workflow failed due to a document already exists in the library, but I want the ability to override that version.

Can anyone help to provide information on how to do this

The approval is based on the item in the list, once approved it gets the attachments and creates the file

Create File.jpg

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Kind regards

Claire

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ClaireAllen,

Currently, the create file action will fail when a file with the same name already exists in the folder.

There are two ways could do this, one is before file creation, use Get files + filter array to check same name file.

The other way, is I prefer to do it to is create the file in a temporary folder, then use Move file action with replace setting if a file already exists, it will replace the file:

Screenshot 2020-12-18 141117.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ClaireAllen,

Currently, the create file action will fail when a file with the same name already exists in the folder.

There are two ways could do this, one is before file creation, use Get files + filter array to check same name file.

The other way, is I prefer to do it to is create the file in a temporary folder, then use Move file action with replace setting if a file already exists, it will replace the file:

Screenshot 2020-12-18 141117.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-litu-msft 

Thank you for the suggestion, I've added Move File action into the flow, (I created a holding library) to move the documents in, BUT I get an error

ClaireAllen_0-1608280055296.png

The holding location is a Document Library, but the steps before that to create file are getting attachments from a LIST and creating a file in the new holding library, 
This is the flow shown below

ClaireAllen_1-1608280194923.png

Flow Fails, at Move File, but I can see the document in the Holding Library.

ClaireAllen_2-1608280258621.png

Any Suggestions?

Thank you & regards

Claire

ClaireAllen
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@v-litu-msft ,
I fixed the issue and changed the File to Move dynamic content to ID of Create File

ClaireAllen_3-1608283934146.png

The flow runs and moves the file from one location to another
Thanks for the suggestion.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,986)