Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pierrehenri
Level: Powered On

Create File from email

Hello,

I hope someone can help.

I built a flow to automatically save emails attachment on Sharepoint. This applies only to some emails with specific subjects.

Attachments on these emails are picture on png format with a size of 500Kb.

The flow is working well but I have an issue with the size of the file.

When saved on Sharepoint the size of the picture is only 200Kb. Which means the picture is less than half the size of the initial one. And all the texts/figures inside can't be read anymore.

The flow is very simple: Get Attachment --> Create File on Sharepoint with the Attachment

I did not touch the size or any other caracteristic of the file.

Does someone already had this type of issue and know what to change to avoid the size to be divided by 2 ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pierrehenri

Re: Create File from email

Hi @v-xida-msft

Thanks for your advise.

After looking into details, it appears that the flow was running 2 times for each email: the first one by saving properly the attachment without any change in the size. And the second run was saving the picture of attachment included in email body.

As the size of this picture was smaller, this is the one I was seeing at the end in my sharepoint.

So at the end, I just completed the flow to make sure only the real attachment is saved and now everything is working well.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pierrehenri,

Could you please share a screenshot of your issue?

I have made a test on my side and the size of uploaded file less than original one is confirmed on my side. SharePoint has its byte standard and there is some limitation of size of uploaded file. Besides, the texts inside the picture are readbale on my side.

In addition, please check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/SharePoint-Online-limits-8f34ff47-b749-408b-abc0-b605e1f6d4...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pierrehenri

Hi @v-xida-msft

Thanks for your advise.

After looking into details, it appears that the flow was running 2 times for each email: the first one by saving properly the attachment without any change in the size. And the second run was saving the picture of attachment included in email body.

As the size of this picture was smaller, this is the one I was seeing at the end in my sharepoint.

So at the end, I just completed the flow to make sure only the real attachment is saved and now everything is working well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 174 members 4,103 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: