cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hfdigital
Frequent Visitor

Create File in Sharepoint - Root folder is not found error

Hi there,

I have used the template 'Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library' .  All proceeding steps run successfully except for the export of  the attachment to the specified Sharepoint folder.

I get the following error message: 

{
  "status"400,
  "message""Root folder is not found.\r\nclientRequestId: 352d118c-00eb-4852-883d-d15bbb0135c9\r\nserviceRequestId: 352d118c-00eb-4852-883d-d15bbb0135c9"
}

Any ideas?
NB When creating the flow, I can select the Site address from the drop-down box however, when I click on the Folder path I get the error message Error executing the api '/datasets/https%253A%252F%252Fofficeshare, so, I manually type in the folder path which is what I use to run the flow. 

I have seen examples where you can choose the folder path from a drop down list. so, I'm not sure why I can't.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am still not sure about all the components that you are using in your solution. I did not find those details in the post earlier.

On-Premise gateway should be used if you have anything installed on Premise like a web app and you would like to call any Power Automate flow from the app deployed on premise. OR From Power Automate Flow,  if you would like to call any service deployed on premise, then you need gateway. 

If you would like to call any external service from Power Automate flow, you do not need On Premise gatway.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

Flow is not recognizing or unable to connect to the data source. Please check if the connection to the action is valid. If yes, try removing and adding the action again. Seems like flow is not recognizing site URL correctly.

Power Automate Community

Thank you.  The URL was slightly wrong and is now corrected.

I now have an access denied message to that URL .  I can navigate to that URL and create documents so, can you advise whether the on-premises data gateway needs permission to this folder.  I have the gateway installed  locally on my laptop (for now).
Thanks

What are you using On-Premise Gateway for?

Power Automate Community

Isn't it required to connect to services in the cloud?  I use it as a connector to the Sharepoint folder. 

I am still not sure about all the components that you are using in your solution. I did not find those details in the post earlier.

On-Premise gateway should be used if you have anything installed on Premise like a web app and you would like to call any Power Automate flow from the app deployed on premise. OR From Power Automate Flow,  if you would like to call any service deployed on premise, then you need gateway. 

If you would like to call any external service from Power Automate flow, you do not need On Premise gatway.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

Yes.  I'm using Power Automate Flow.  I'm using the template: Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library

It is the Create file in Sharepoint step that it is failing.  I inspect the values (folder path, file being passed) and they are correct.  I can navigate to this folder with my credentials.  The connection is to the on-premises gateway I have set up, so my thinking is that the gateway service account needs access to the folder.  

The exact error message is:

{
  "status"403,
  "message""Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.\r\nclientRequestId: 3d34b56b-de6e-4a2a-9c61-1b10f732643c\r\nserviceRequestId: 0e40a19f-10de-2000-888a-4c80c9a2ae78",
  "source""",
  "errors": [
    "-2147024891",
    "System.UnauthorizedAccessException"
  ]
}

Thanks

Thank you.  The issue was due to using a classic SharePoint site to test my flow.  A modern SharePoint test site was created and my flow works.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,036)