cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam12
Level: Powered On

Create Flow from SharePoint list with multiple selection fields

I have a SharePoint list with the following mandatory fields where multiple selections/values are allowed:

• Field 1 - Name of Recipient(s) - This is a person field
  • Field 2 - Manager of Receipient(s) - This is a person field
  • Field 3 - Values Demonstrated - This is a choice field (checkboxes)

I need to create a Flow when a new item is submitted that sends an email to the people in Field 1 with the people selected in Field 2 cc'd in. The selections in Field 3 need to be in the body of the email.

Each time I try to do this, it puts the 'Send an Email' action into an 'Apply to Each' control, which results in multiple emails being sent, however I only need/want one email to be sent per submission.

If I amend the fields to only allow one selection, then this works perfectly.

Is it possible to do this with multiple values? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Flow Help.PNGFor reference I have attached a screenshot of the current config of the flow.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Create Flow from SharePoint list with multiple selection fields

Hi @Sam12, have a look at the flow below which will just send 1 email with the values selected (in my example they are A and C):

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

0-Submission.png0-SubmissionA.png0-SubmissionB.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Sam12 ,

Basically, the method provided by @RobElliott has solved your problem.

It should be noted that if you integrate email address, it is recommended to set the variable type to String and add a semicolon at the end of the Value.

90.PNG

Also if you need choice values separated by commas, please consider using Join action.

91.PNG92.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sam12, have a look at the flow below which will just send 1 email with the values selected (in my example they are A and C):

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

0-Submission.png0-SubmissionA.png0-SubmissionB.png

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Sam12 ,

Basically, the method provided by @RobElliott has solved your problem.

It should be noted that if you integrate email address, it is recommended to set the variable type to String and add a semicolon at the end of the Value.

90.PNG

Also if you need choice values separated by commas, please consider using Join action.

91.PNG92.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,418)