cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris245
Regular Visitor

Create Google Calendar Events Based on Excel Rows - Also check for Duplicates and Update Google Calendar Event if Respective Excel Row has data changed

Hello,

I am looking to have a flow that automatically creates Google Calendar events based on rows in Excel. You can think of each row in Excel as its own calendar event. The first four columns (A-D) are entered manually. The subject line (E) is a concatenate formula that combines columns A, G (text version of date string) and H (text version). Columns I and J give a string version of date so that Google Calendar doesn't get confused when trying to add numbers (e.g. 438484) instead of date format.

excel sheet 1.pngexcel sheet 2.png

I have been able to create events in Google Calendar in Microsoft Flow. However, I cannot figure out how to have Flow check for duplicate events so that duplicate events are not created. My idea is for a randomized Event ID to be created in column F. If there is a randomized ID already in Column F, then Flow would not create a new event in Google Calendar, but instead check to see if any changes were made to that row (e.g. vacation time got shortened or extended) and make changes to the event in Google Calendar accordingly.

I have included some screenshots of my current attempt at a flow. I tried to model the workflow around an older solution from someone doing the same flow, but for Outlook calendar instead of Google Calendar.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Update-Events-in-Calendar-When-Excel-is-Updated/t...

recurrence.png

I looked for a 'get rows' functionality, but it looks like that was removed. I instead used list rows.

List Rows Present.png

Then I did 'apply to each' value. I am not sure about the condition, since it looks like the ability to do an 'advanced edit' for a condition was removed and instead you need to use dynamic expressions/function.

apply to each.png

The condition I did is:

empty(items('Apply_to_each')?['Event_ID']) is equal to true

expression.png

If there is no 'Event ID' filled out in that excel row, then it should create a Google calendar event.

If yes.png

If there is already an Event ID in that respective excel row, then it would check to see if any changes were
made to columns A-D of that excel row (e.g. employee name changed, type of time off request changed, date start or end changed). If changes
were made, then it would update the corresponding event in Google Calendar accordingly.

if no.png

Here is the entire flow expanded below.

flow 1.png

flow 2.png

flow 3.png

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide or any additional questions. Thanks in advance for your help on this matter.

Chris
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,653)