cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JessieH
Microsoft
Microsoft

Create Group Event and forward to attendees?

I've figured out how to create an event in a Group Calendar (aka Teams calendar) but is there a way to then invite attendees to that event? I can't figure out how to forward that event to people. Is this possible?

6 REPLIES 6
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @JessieH  the way I made to send an invite for an event group or personal event is by creating a ics file

Please see the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU_d71ykRJA&t=341s

Another way could be updating the event by API but take care becouase evertu time you update your event, an email is going to be sended to all of attendees

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Thanks, Christian. While the solution posted works in general, it doesn't work for my particular case as I'm trying to get away from sending any emails whatsoever and to get Power Automate to send the actual invite from the group calendar, like how I would do it in Outlook Calendar. Updating via API doesn't seem to work either because I can't get the flow to access the Group Calendar.

Sorry @JessieH  my friend I hope this kind of scenarios could be made with new updates 😉 Unfortunally we can't do that today.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

I hope so, too! We really need this, especially since we've migrated to using mostly Teams and thus using Teams calendars. I ended up using flow to create a group calendar event and send me a Teams chat at the same time, and I'll manually add invitees to the calendar invite. Thanks!

@JessieH  shure you are welcome 😉

Proud to be a Flownaut!

z3019494
Regular Visitor

In one of such Flows, I've ended up also using the Create an Event (V4) action to achieve this:

z3019494_0-1636170845329.png

(Set the Response required option to No).

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,313)