cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tbruns
Post Patron
Post Patron

Create HTML Link broken - URGENT

We have been using the same Flow for several years with no issues. This past Monday we began having issues.

We have a Sharepoint list that when we add a new document to the list and the date on the new document equals today's date, an email is sent containing the link to the document (output). Starting on Monday of this week the link has been broken (has a space in it) so no one can open the document. 

Can anyone advise what we need to change to get this to work again?

Here is the Flow:

Tbruns_0-1611847801439.png

Tbruns_1-1611847871652.png

Tbruns_2-1611847932298.png

Here is the email:

Tbruns_3-1611848077289.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

Because you are going to use the same dynamic content that you were using before within the expression. I can't tell for sure, but I think the exact expression you need is:

replace(item()['{Link}'], ' ', '%20')

Replace your {Link} Dynamic content with the expression above and it will still continue to provide the link as it did before, but it will replace any spaces with %20.

Does that make more sense? 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

I cannot explain why it has broken, but perhaps you need to wrap the URL in the 

encodeUriComponent() function, that will encode the spaces so that the link works again.
Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

Or perhaps this would be easier, just replace the spaces with %20:

replace(outputs('Compose'), ' ', '%20')

@Paulie78 

I don't understand how we would do that since we are using "Create HTML" and then in the "Send an email..." we use the Output.

Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

2021-01-28_17-31-34.jpg

@Paulie78 

How will that work if the link is going to be different every time an email is sent out? Maybe I am not following.

Paulie78
Super User III
Super User III

Because you are going to use the same dynamic content that you were using before within the expression. I can't tell for sure, but I think the exact expression you need is:

replace(item()['{Link}'], ' ', '%20')

Replace your {Link} Dynamic content with the expression above and it will still continue to provide the link as it did before, but it will replace any spaces with %20.

Does that make more sense? 

View solution in original post

@Paulie78 

That worked! Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (55,760)