cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Create HTML array after a Filter and renaming colomn headings.

I'm trying to send an e-mail containing a subset of an excelsheet. After listing all my rows, I filter the empty rows out.
Then I converse it to a HTML array, put it in an e-mail and send it....

Sofar no troubels, I can put this HTML array in an email and send it. It works fine.

But now I want to only show certain colomns (or different headings). I use the "custom" setting and for testing I just added 1 row. But now it automatically transfers to a "for each loop" which I don't understand. What is going on??

Schermafbeelding 2019-10-17 om 15.15.07.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @bgsca,

Please configure your Flow as below:

use the expression item()?['columnName'] to map the HTML table.

Annotation 2019-10-18 151445.pngRun result:Annotation 2019-10-18 151427.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Advocate I
Advocate I

move the Create HTML outside on top of the Apply to each step and then remove the Apply to each.

Its soing the HTML to each row from the outputs of the above step.

Unfortunately this doesn't work.... I tried it before...  (See below). I can drag it outside the "for each" if I replace the "Excel value" in the "select ... form ..." field. But as soon as I enter one of my colomnfields (from List rows, because you cannot select them form "Filter Array") then the "for each" returns...Smiley Surprised

Schermafbeelding 2019-10-17 om 15.41.20.png

Hi @bgsca,

Please configure your Flow as below:

use the expression item()?['columnName'] to map the HTML table.

Annotation 2019-10-18 151445.pngRun result:Annotation 2019-10-18 151427.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks a lot, this "item()?['columnName']" works like a charme..... But I don't understand why...

As a teacher I like to understand. So if anybody can explain why this works and the other generates an "Apply for each"??? Smiley LOL

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,327)