cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ikgray
Level: Powered On

Create HTML table Error

I am in the process of creating a flow that will take a list and export it as a selectable list. that the email recipient will select one of the vehicles and then click an approve button that will start the next step of the flow.  I am using the help provide in this message https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Get-Items-from-SharePoint-list-compose-email-body....

My current flow looks like this

Current Flow.JPG

I was getting an error

Create HTML Flow Fail.JPG

It was being created by this

Create HTML failed.JPG

I removed this and put this 

Create HTML from list.JPG

This is what I am getting in email and it does this for each vehicle and it does it eight times all in one email

Create HTML from list Output.JPG

My Goal is to get this data sent back to me in a table with just the vehicle numbers and vehicle names where I will click one vehicle and then hit an approve button that will update my list and continue the process.

All comments will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create HTML table Error

Hi @ ikgray,

What is the configuration of your sharepoint list?

Do you mean want to select on option in the email and then click an button to approve?

Click an button to approve is not supported in Microsoft flow currently, you could refer to workaround below to achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, and have created a sharepoint list as below:

4.png

The “Vehicle Name” and “Vehicle Number” column all Single line of text type column.

The “BeSelected” column is a “Yes/No” type column, the column would be updated when an option is made in the received email.

You could create a flow as screenshots below to achieve your needs:

Note:

1. Choose the “value” dynamic content of the “Get items” action in the “From” field of the “Select” action.
  2. Choose the “Output” dynamic content of the “Select” action in the “From” field of the “Create HTML table” action .
  3. Add an “Initial variable” action, name the variable as options, the type choose String, leave “Value” field blank.
  4. Choose the “value” dynamic content of the “Get items” action in the input field of the “Apply to each”.
  5. Choose the “ID” dynamic content of the “Get items” action in the “Id” field of the “Get item”.
  6. The expressions of the “Compose” as below:

concat(body('Get_item')?['Vevicle_x0020_Number'],' - ',body('Get_item')?['Vehicle_x0020_Name'],',')

7. Choose the “Output” dynamic content of the “Compose” in the “Value” field of the “Append to string variable” action.

8. Add action “Send email with options ” outside the “Apply to each”, choose the “options” dynamic content of the “Compose” in the “User Options” field. Choose the “Output” dynamic content of the “Create HTML table” action in the “Body” field.

9. Add a Condition under the “Send email with options ”,you could choose the “SelectedOption” dynamic content of the “Send email with options” as the first value, and you could fill in the second value and the condition in the middle to realize your needs and update the item.

5.png6.png

When an item which’s Vehicle Name is “2020 Ford Expedition”  is created in the list, the flow would run successfully to send an email with options as below:

7.png

The email with options would arrived as below:

8.png

When you choose an option in the email, if the option you choose is “1 – 2015 Ford Expedition“,the rest flow would run successfully as below

9.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ikgray

Follow up, I have been working with this and using different ways to bring the data into an outlook email 

I've gone from geting a text list being repeated eight times (number of vehicles) to eight emails each with a diffrent vehicle in each.

Vehicle Flow Outlook Email.JPG

This is actuall what I am try to get but it will be all eight vehicles (I'll add filters later), in one email!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ ikgray,

What is the configuration of your sharepoint list?

Do you mean want to select on option in the email and then click an button to approve?

Click an button to approve is not supported in Microsoft flow currently, you could refer to workaround below to achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, and have created a sharepoint list as below:

4.png

The “Vehicle Name” and “Vehicle Number” column all Single line of text type column.

The “BeSelected” column is a “Yes/No” type column, the column would be updated when an option is made in the received email.

You could create a flow as screenshots below to achieve your needs:

Note:

1. Choose the “value” dynamic content of the “Get items” action in the “From” field of the “Select” action.
  2. Choose the “Output” dynamic content of the “Select” action in the “From” field of the “Create HTML table” action .
  3. Add an “Initial variable” action, name the variable as options, the type choose String, leave “Value” field blank.
  4. Choose the “value” dynamic content of the “Get items” action in the input field of the “Apply to each”.
  5. Choose the “ID” dynamic content of the “Get items” action in the “Id” field of the “Get item”.
  6. The expressions of the “Compose” as below:

concat(body('Get_item')?['Vevicle_x0020_Number'],' - ',body('Get_item')?['Vehicle_x0020_Name'],',')

7. Choose the “Output” dynamic content of the “Compose” in the “Value” field of the “Append to string variable” action.

8. Add action “Send email with options ” outside the “Apply to each”, choose the “options” dynamic content of the “Compose” in the “User Options” field. Choose the “Output” dynamic content of the “Create HTML table” action in the “Body” field.

9. Add a Condition under the “Send email with options ”,you could choose the “SelectedOption” dynamic content of the “Send email with options” as the first value, and you could fill in the second value and the condition in the middle to realize your needs and update the item.

5.png6.png

When an item which’s Vehicle Name is “2020 Ford Expedition”  is created in the list, the flow would run successfully to send an email with options as below:

7.png

The email with options would arrived as below:

8.png

When you choose an option in the email, if the option you choose is “1 – 2015 Ford Expedition“,the rest flow would run successfully as below

9.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

MK1

Hi 

In my scenario,

I am writing code for print form option.

Step1: I wrote a HTML code  for my application

Step2: I used this code on MS FLow 

• first i'm calling powerapps
  • Prase JSON
  • Comple(HTML Code with parse JSON values added)
  • respond to powerapps
  • Creating an html file

Step3: after creating the flow. I was calling flow from powerapps

step4: Now i was able to get data into the html with flow

On my powerapps, based on dropdown select all the other feilds will populate, I'm unable to hide feilds based on dropdown selected value on HTMl.

is there any way to hide labels based on selected value on HTML

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,226)