cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RossKnorr
Frequent Visitor

Create HTML tables from a Sharepoint List, sorted by a matching field in another Sharepoint List, and send each table to individual recipients.

Hi MS Flow Community!

I have a Sharepoint List that collects observations of teachers. Each teacher has a coach, and these links are in a different Sharepoint List. I want to gather all the items from the last three weeks, sort them by coach, and then create tables to send in an email to each coach.

The first list, "Observation List", has these fields:

- Teacher Name

- Glow

- Grow

- Observer

- Score

- Created

The second list, "Coaches", has these fields:

- Teacher Name

- Coach Name

- Coach Email

So, I want to send an email to each "Coach Email" that has a table with "Teacher Name", "Glow", "Grow", "Score" and "Observer" for all items in the last three weeks - but only with teachers that match the "Coach".

So far, I've tried:

- Get Items from "Observation List", ODATA filter on Created gt 'getPastTime(3,'Week')

- Get Items from "Coaches"

And then I tried creating HTML tables with "Apply to Each", but I can't figure out how to create multiple tables sorted by Coach.

Any ideas? I thought maybe I could join the two lists somehow - appending a "Coach" and "Coach Email" column to the "Observer" list, and then do an Apply to Each "Coach" HTML table and email, but I can't figure out how to join.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RossKnorr ,

Does each item in the "Coaches" would have an at least one corresponding item in the "Observation List" list?

If yes, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RossKnorr ,

Does each item in the "Coaches" would have an at least one corresponding item in the "Observation List" list?

If yes, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (67,592)