cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christianh2o
Helper I
Helper I

Create Item Sharepoint Connector Error

I have a flow that creates an item in a sharepoint list, where numbers entered into a form will make calculations in a new column. However the "require that this column contains information" is off. However, if left blank or unanswered on the form, my flow breaks, and I get this notification from the flow. 

OpenApiOperationParameterTypeConversionFailed. The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Create_item' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: Input parameter 'item/QualityofClientRelationship' is required to be of type 'Number/double'. The runtime value '""' to be converted doesn't have the expected format 'Number/double'.

Is there any way around this? The calculated columns use sum and count, so I can't make an "if" case where it equals 0 because it will skew my data. 

Please advise. Thanks. 
1 REPLY 1
v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @christianh2o ,

Maybe you could consider adding a Condition Action to execute another branch if the specified field in the MS Forms is empty.

1.Here is my Form.

vyujincuimsft_0-1656480138844.png

2. Here is my Flow.

empty(Dynamic Content)

vyujincuimsft_1-1656480139106.png

Result Screenshot:

vyujincuimsft_2-1656480138688.png

Here is a similar case for your reference.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Error-The-specified-user-could-not-be-found-when-...

Best Regards,
Charlie Choi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,855)