cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colonel_claypoo
Level: Powered On

Create Item action does not trigger indexing and crawled property creation in search schema

Hi,

has anyone ever noticed that the "Create Item" action does not trigger the search crawler to pick up those items and that crawled properties aren't created in the search schema in SPO?

This is a problem because data from custom lists which are populated with by Flow do not show up in the search index.

To illustrate this, I have created the following test scenario:

A bare minimum custom list "FlowCrawledProperties" containing two items and one additional column:

2.png

Firstly, I created "Item1" with the following Flow:

1.png

I then manually triggered the list to be re-indexed in the advanced list settings.

A couple of minutes later I went into the tenant's search schema to see if a crawled property had been created for the additional column "CrawledPropertyTest".

Unfortunately, that was not the case.

Then, I manually created "Item2" via the "New" button in the list and manually triggered the list to be re-indexed.

Contrary to the attempt for the first item a crawled property had now been created for the additional column "CrawledPropertyTest".

Finally, I went back to the list and used the search boxsee which items the index had picked up. I searched with an asterisk * and as expected, only "Item2" shows up.

Therefore, I concluded that list items created through the Flow action "Create Item" are not picked up by the search crawl in SPO and columns are not added to the tenant's search schema as a crawled property.

Since this is a quick thing to test I'd appreciate if you could reproduce this as well and let me know.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
colonel_claypoo

Re: Create Item action does not trigger indexing and crawled property creation in search schema

Hi @v-yuazh-msft,

I don't know why but today it's all working as expected.

When I go create the list items manually or via Flow they're picked up by the index.

I can only speculate as to why it didn't work yesterday and why the item created by the Flow was not indexed.

I also created a test with a new list and it worked fine. Sorry for the confusion. Lesson learned. Wait 24 hours!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create Item action does not trigger indexing and crawled property creation in search schema

Hi @colonel_claypoo,

Would you please share more details or screenshots about how you "go into the tenant's search schema to see if a crawled property had been created for the additional column CrawledPropertyTest "?

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
colonel_claypoo

Hi @v-yuazh-msft,

I don't know why but today it's all working as expected.

When I go create the list items manually or via Flow they're picked up by the index.

I can only speculate as to why it didn't work yesterday and why the item created by the Flow was not indexed.

I also created a test with a new list and it worked fine. Sorry for the confusion. Lesson learned. Wait 24 hours!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 54 members 4,903 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: