Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeneaMD
Helper III
Helper III

Create Item for a Lookup Column

Hello,

I am trying to build a flow for copying some values from a SharePoint Excel Spreadsheet to a SharePoint List.
When Excel is modified -> create new item in SharePoint List.

The problem is that I am not able to insert a value from Excel in SharePoint List as one of my list's column is a Lookup Column.

Any ideas how should I proceed?

6 REPLIES 6
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @jeneaMD  could you share an screanshot? the action When Excel is modified don't exist

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Thank you for your reply, @ChristianAbata.

My mistake, the trigger is "When a file is created or modified". Here is my Flow:

Capture.JPG

Last two columns are Lookup columns.

Any idea how should I insert the corresponding ChildKpi and Team from Excel File ?

oh @jeneaMD  I understhand please when you clic on the dropdown field you are going to see you chooice options and in the end another that says Enter custom value, when you clic on that you are going to be able to see your dynamic content.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

I don't have normal dynamic content, @ChristianAbata:

2.JPG

I need to put the corresponding values from Excel and I don't have this options in dynamic content.

mmm @jeneaMD  extrange jejejej is difficult to understand because in your first screanshot I did't see get Items sharepoint but in your last screanshot I see Get items properties in the list of dynamic content O.o

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@ChristianAbata, any ideas what should I do to insert in these two columns the corresponding values from Excel spreadsheet?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,277)