cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egardecki
Frequent Visitor

Create NEW SharePoint List based on NEW excel file

I am trying to figure out how to make a NEW sharepoint list based on an excel file.  The excel file's columns will change and therefore the sharepoint list will need different columns.  I can't find a way to iterate through the column names in excel file so that I can then use those column names to create new columns in the SP list.  There also doesn't seem to be a way to just import it like the app in SP.

I have the HTTP actions to create the list and create the list columns...but don't have the excel columns.

I used the "list rows present in a table" and it gives the first row as the column names.  Great.  But how do I apply to each of those within one value to grab the names.  It seems like there may be an action missing for "get columns" or something.  Or is there another way of doing this?  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
egardecki
Frequent Visitor

I'd also like to note that I can't use the dynamic values that show the column names because this needs to be a flow that will pull an excel file that doesn't exist yet and will have different column names all the time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,412)