cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Create Outlook Task from E-Mail - Date Issues

I'm trying to build a flow that triggers when an e-mail is received and creates a Task with a specified due date.

I've read this post - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Create-new-Outlook-Task-date-issue/m-p/89985?coll...

The suggested solution does not work for me. I can use the expressions without difficulty to return the date in whatever format I want but the Task that is created never has a due date. I need to know what format to use to pass the date data into Tasks.

I think this should be quite simple but at this stage I have spent 5 hours of trial and error (mainly error) to find a solution and am tearing my hair out! Can anyone help, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: Create Outlook Task from E-Mail - Date Issues

Hi @shenanigans , thank you for your post!

I have tested this and like you get:Capture-430.png

This made me recall a Twitter exachange on this very topic.

https://twitter.com/LuiseFreese/status/1110492155586506753

Basically, it doesn't seem to work and may be a bug. John Liu has hacked it to get it working it would seem.

Whilst this isn't a solution, I thought i'd keep you in the loop anyway. It's tricky to give you a direct solution to this without using Flow studio and working with the JSON but the tread and the links within are worth a read.

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @shenanigans , thank you for your post!

I have tested this and like you get:Capture-430.png

This made me recall a Twitter exachange on this very topic.

https://twitter.com/LuiseFreese/status/1110492155586506753

Basically, it doesn't seem to work and may be a bug. John Liu has hacked it to get it working it would seem.

Whilst this isn't a solution, I thought i'd keep you in the loop anyway. It's tricky to give you a direct solution to this without using Flow studio and working with the JSON but the tread and the links within are worth a read.

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Alan,

Thanks very much, I really appreciate the feedback and the confirmation that I am not a total idiot!

I see that the Twitter exchange was quite recent - is there any reason to believe that MS is working on this, or alternatively if there any way to bring it to their attention?

I have seen how complicated Flows (and their rules) can get - this issue seems to be arising at a pretty fundamental level of the system...

If it's inappropriate for me to continue the conversation here, like this, please let me know. I'm new to the Flow Community and to forums generally.

Gerard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,234)