cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DanielMagMat
Level: Powered On

Create Outlook contact from a Sharepoint List

While Building a Flow that is triggered by the creation of an element in a Sharepoint list that has two actions:

• Creates an Element in another Sharepoint list
  • Creates an Outlook Contact

I have encountered with this error

{

"status"400,

"message""EmailAddress or ItemId must be included in the request.\r\nclientRequestId: 19289a1d-57c0-445a-8402-2e0baec3ec60\r\nserviceRequestId: 63faa4bd-6fc5-435f-9a28-931aeb631be9",

"source""office365-ncus.azconn-ncus.p.azurewebsites.net"

}

Help to troubleshoot this error is appreciated 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Create Outlook contact from a Sharepoint List

Hi @rebeccas 

The Create a Contact action uses the Outlook connection that is provided in the flow. So when a user triggers a flow, then the connection to outlook provided there is used to create the contact. For other users, you can add run as users to the flow and set the connections to provided by the run only user and when the run only user triggers it with their connection, then the contact is created for them. 

Apart from this, Flow currently does not support an action to create a contact for another user directly in the scope of Outlook actions. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

That does help and it worked great for me..thank you! I was able to use this feature triggered by PowerApps that uses the new Business Card reader function that pulls the data and puts it in the users Outlook Contacts...Salesman here will love this!

Thanks again!

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DanielMagMat,

Could you please share a bit more about the "Create contact" action within your flow?

Do you type an email address within the Email Address field of the "Create contact" action of your flow?

The error message told that the EmailAddress or ItemId must be included in the request. I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:17.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:18.JPG

Please take a try to clear cache of your browser and re-create your flow to check if the issue is solved. In addition, if the issue still exists, please consider take a try to type an email address within the Email addresses field of the "Create contact" action of your flow as below:19.JPG

Please also check if you have provided a proper email address within the Email addresses Address -1 field of the "Create contact" action of your flow.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

@v-xida-msft 

Do you know of any way to create contacts for someone else? When an item is created that meets whatever criteria "Create contact"...but for another user (that can either be preset or the criteria set in the orginal SP List)? A user within my organzation of course.

I'm not sure if it is possible but I have a need for it if so.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @rebeccas 

The Create a Contact action uses the Outlook connection that is provided in the flow. So when a user triggers a flow, then the connection to outlook provided there is used to create the contact. For other users, you can add run as users to the flow and set the connections to provided by the run only user and when the run only user triggers it with their connection, then the contact is created for them. 

Apart from this, Flow currently does not support an action to create a contact for another user directly in the scope of Outlook actions. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Super User
Super User

That does help and it worked great for me..thank you! I was able to use this feature triggered by PowerApps that uses the new Business Card reader function that pulls the data and puts it in the users Outlook Contacts...Salesman here will love this!

Thanks again!

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

HI @rebeccas 

Glad that it worked!

If this question/ issue has been resolved, please mark the response that helped you as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,943)