cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgillespie
Advocate II
Advocate II

Create Planner Tasks for Flagged Emails - makes Duplicates

Hi, I have a flow that I based off the template Create Planner Tasks for Flagged Emails but it sometimes creates duplicates.  I am using webmail and in my testing I am being careful to only flag one email in the thread but it still creates duplicate tasks.  I have tried variations of this and they all create dupes so I am wondering if I need another action that checks to see if the email was previously flagged?

Here is my Flow:

Part 1Part 1Part 2Part 2Part 3Part 3Part 4Part 4

Here is a sample of the dupes it created:

Planner dupesPlanner dupes

5 REPLIES 5
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@dgillespie

Can you share a screenshot of your whole flow structure? Are you checking somewhere if the task already exists in planner before the create planner task step?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

@Mira_Ghalyhere is my whole flow (refer to the screenshots in the original post for the expanded version).  I have verified (by manually checking) the task doesn't appear in Planner before I flag the email.  Thanks.

entire flowentire flow

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@dgillespie 

Did you check the flow history to check if this flow has been invoked only once or more than one time?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Mira_Ghalyyes, for the above mentioned duplicate, there are two different flow runs, only 15 seconds apart.

2021-04-22_8-03-58.png2021-04-22_8-04-24.png

@dgillespie

Can u please check the below solution of a similar issue

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Create-a-MS-Planner-task-avoid-duplicates/m-p/805...

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

PWREduCon768x460.png

Join us at PWR EduCon - A Power Platform Conference

Learn from the top Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate & Power Virtual Agents experts!

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Users online (2,491)