Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kilaj1
Helper III
Helper III

Create Planner tasks from SPO list

Hi 

I'm trying to create a Flow that will create a new task in planner based on a field marked as Urgent adn Im runnign into two issues.

• Assign to not working
  • Updating comments section

So far I've got the easy stuff out of the way, the trigger works.  I have a column called "Assigned to" which is a SPO people picker column.  When I try to use this field in the flow it errors out. I'm guessing it has too much info that it cant use or the format is incorrect.  I've tried a few things with the User Profile controls but they don't seem to be able to parse the data in that column correctly. I'm not very familiar with building expressions or how to extract the info from that SPO column.

kilaj1_1-1626107377242.png

The other issue with adding comments, from what I can tell I need to use MS graph to get this done, are there any other options?

2 REPLIES 2
kilaj1
Helper III
Helper III

I addressed one "issue" I didn't realize that PoweAutomate was giving me the option to use the email address from the SPO column.  Just updating the comments left.

kilaj1
Helper III
Helper III

Another bit of an update, I'm looking into Graph API to update the comments and it looks like it wont work.  For graph to update the comments it needs a thread ID, that thread ID only generates when a comment is posted in the task.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,573)