cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryan2k
Resolver I
Resolver I

Create Private Slack Channel?

Does anyone know if you can create Private Channels in Slack from Flow? In my testing I see I can create a channel, but there's no option to make it private. Is this capability on the roadmap?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ryan2k ,

I have tested it on my side. I am afraid that Create a channel action contained in Slack connector does not support the creation of a Private channel currently.

The channel created with it is a public channel, it assigne a group name and Id, without any additional functionality.

If you want this action to be able to extend more functionality, or add other actions to support the creation of Private Slack Channel, please post your idea in Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ryan2k ,

I have tested it on my side. I am afraid that Create a channel action contained in Slack connector does not support the creation of a Private channel currently.

The channel created with it is a public channel, it assigne a group name and Id, without any additional functionality.

If you want this action to be able to extend more functionality, or add other actions to support the creation of Private Slack Channel, please post your idea in Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (5,831)