Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarCBB
Advocate II
Advocate II

Create Public Image URL

Hi there, 

I am fairly new to MSFlow, I create a flow that is triggered when a row in SQL is modified. 

part of the flow takes image text from power apps, converts and saved the image and then created a thumbnail, and then sends the URL of the thumbnail via email so that it can be viewed publically. My reason for using the thumbnail is that I needed a url that ended in .jpg because the data is also being used in Power BI. so the flow works perfectly, however, I have discovered that the thumbnail URLs expire and this is my problem. 

My goal is to create a public image URL (.jpg).

I have tried SharePoint but the URL that is generated is not .jpg it directs to a webpage with the image. 

Has anyone done something like this? what did you use to get the URL? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarCBB,

Correct previous reply, use the Thumbnail Large, Medium, Small instead of Thumbnail.Annotation 2019-09-19 091609.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarCBB,

You can use the Get file properties or Get files properties action to get the properties of the image file. Then you can use the "Thumbnail" to get the URL of the picture.

Annotation 2019-09-19 091043.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarCBB,

Correct previous reply, use the Thumbnail Large, Medium, Small instead of Thumbnail.Annotation 2019-09-19 091609.png

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

@v-litu-msft, Awesome, Thank you, that seems to work. I am assuming that these URLs will not expire?

@v-litu-msft , unfortunately, these thumbnail URLs also expire. 

@v-litu-msft  @MarCBB 

I have the same concerns as you
Thumbnails expire, have you found a solution?
Thank you

Hello @lionelp.,

I am also facing same issues. Did you get any solution for this?Please help me how to generate URL without access token. Because either I need image below 70 kb size or thumbnail image without access token to show in SSRS report.

Thanks,

Suresh.

vizyonok
Frequent Visitor

@psureshkumar @MarCBB @lionelp guys, I've found a workaround!!! Finally!

Here is where I've found it - https://youtu.be/11qP2cx6PFo?t=511

The idea is to:

1. Get the thumbnail content (for example by using HTTP GET method)
  2. Save it to file storage (for example Azure Blob or any other HTTP server where you can get a public link from, but it can't be Sharepoint storage as it uses Access Tokens)
  3. Use that link in your message. It won't expire as long as the thumb file is being stored on your server.

vizyonok_0-1616671430103.png

It works for me.

However, I don't recommend using FTP protocol for uploading as it constantly corrupts the images.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (29,227)