cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connor551
Resolver I
Resolver I

Create Record - Blank Values Causing Problems

Hi all!  Within a 'Create Record' action, I'm getting errors whenever my dynamics content doesn't have a value:
The runtime value '""' to be converted doesn't have the expected format 'Integer/int32

I've tried to solve for this by using if statements (examples below), but I'm still getting the errors.  Any ideas?

if(equals(items('Apply_to_each')['Revenue'], null), null, items('Apply_to_each')['Revenue'])

i've also tried '' to see if the check for null value wasnt working:

if(equals(items('Apply_to_each')['Revenue'], ''), null, items('Apply_to_each')['Revenue'])

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Connor551,

Try and use the empty function to check if it is empty. Here is an example, let me know if it works:

if(empty(items('Apply_to_each')?['Revenue']), null, items('Apply_to_each')?['Revenue'])

leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Looking at the function you use the word revenue.  Revenue indicates to me currency value which is not an integer.  Are you sure it is  a null value problem. 

Put a compose action in the process before the failure.   Run the flow and look at what value teh compose returns.  This might help to analyze your problem

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (59,043)