Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RachelPalya1
Helper I
Helper I

Create SP List Item Weekly - Set Date and Time

Hello, 

This one has me a little stumped.  I am trying to create a Power Automate that runs weekly, which will create SharePoint list items at set days of the week and times (for that week).  So for example the logic will pull the date for Tuesday that week and set the time at 9:00 AM.  I can't seem to the find the right combinations of functions to do that. Any help is appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
rohentz
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @RachelPalya1 how are you?

@RachelPalya1 if I understood you requirement, a Power Automate flow, running weekly will create a SharePoint list item for each day on the current week at 9:00. Is that correct?

If so, create a scheduled Power Automate flow Run flows on a schedule - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs 

Add a condition to run 7 times, one for each day of the week and inside it create the SharePoint item. Also you can use the Date and Time connector to calculate the current day plus the variable control inside this condition control, maybe a do loop Using the Do Until Function - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

This is the connector Working with Dates and Times inside of your flows | Blog do Power Automate (microsoft.com)

Please let me know if this information helped to answer your question.

Regards

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Support Engineer

RachelPalya1
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Rodrigo, 

Thank you for the reply.  So I have a SharePoint list column that is a date and time field.  I want to create a record and set the start time as a specified date and time for that week.  I currently am able to do that but now I am running into time zone issues.  Do you know how to set the time zone to central time in the formula below?

Thanks!!!!!

formatDateTime(subtractFromTime(addDays(utcNow(), 1), dayOfWeek(utcNow()), 'Day'), 'yyyy-MM-dd 06:15')

Hi @RachelPalya1 , did you try to use this action? If do still having doubts please add an image of your flow also this action to better understand. 🙂

rohentz_0-1625848188018.png

Please let me know if this information helped to answer your question.

Regards

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Support Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,778)