Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BP-PT
Helper III
Helper III

Create SharePoint Folder & Set Pre-defined Permissions

Hello,

We have a need to essentially duplicate a template folder with pre-set (unique, non-inherited) permissions many times a day throughout the business. Due to us not being able to simply copy the folder and permissions, I believe the only other practical option would be to try and automate this process.

I'd therefore be looking to have a flow where:

1. User fills out a very simple form with just a 'Name of Folder' field, where they specify what they want the new parent folder to be called.
  2. This parent folder is then created in the same location of a SharePoint site each time (EG: contoso.com/sites/site1/Shared Documents/).
  3. Within this parent folder, it will also have the same child folders created each time, each with their own pre-set permissions (using pre-existing security groups that we've setup).

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on how might be easiest and the best way to achieve something like this 🙂

Thanks,

Billy

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (5,820)