cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Create SharePoint list item from uploading a Box file

Hi team, I'd like to create a list item on SharePoint from a file after its been added to my folder in Box. Each time a file is created I'd like the SharePoint list item to be created with the file meta data (Title, filename, author, etc). Is this possible? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Create SharePoint list item from uploading a Box file

Hi Jesseberk,

I assume that you are trying to create a flow likes below:

3.PNG

If you enter the proper Site Address, then you could click the Dropdown button for the List Name field to get the list you want to use. Then you could select from the dynamic contents for other columns. In my case, there is only a Title column in the list.

You said that you entered a custom value for the List Name field, please make sure the list name you entered has been actually created in your site.

Please try again with it and feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Is there a particular piece you're having difficulty with? Box has triggers that can run when a file is created  or modified, and SharePoint has actions to create list items. So yes, you could create a flow to do exactly what you described.

Highlighted

Hi Mike, thanks for the response. So the issue I'm having is that when I enter the list name under a custom value I get a 403 however I have access to the list for editing. My flow is "Box - when a file is created" --> "Create an item(list item)". Is there a better flow I should use?
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You have to enter the list name as a custom value? When you click on the dropdown, the list doesn't appear on the list of lists?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Jesseberk,

I assume that you are trying to create a flow likes below:

3.PNG

If you enter the proper Site Address, then you could click the Dropdown button for the List Name field to get the list you want to use. Then you could select from the dynamic contents for other columns. In my case, there is only a Title column in the list.

You said that you entered a custom value for the List Name field, please make sure the list name you entered has been actually created in your site.

Please try again with it and feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi guys,

I eventually found out what the issue was, seems to be a user permission issue. Thanks! Just need to figure out how to get the file properties into the list item fields.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,708)