cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAlderson
Regular Visitor

Create Sharepoint Item from Forum - "status": 400, "message": "The specified user could not be found

I have a flow that is run when an MS Form is submitted. 

The form gathers response details, gets the user profile and then creates a SharePoint item. The flow fails on "Create SharePoint Item" with the error below. 

"status"400,
"message""The specified user could not be found.\r\nclientRequestId: 62059992-c65f-4499-a645-1057b7c833a3\r\nserviceRequestId: 62059992-c65f-4499-a645-1057b7c833a3"
I have multiple form submissions that failed but also have some that completed successfully. When I compared the form data from the failed and succeeded flows there is no difference in the email and requester fields. 

Any guidance would be appreciated Smiley Happy

FlowError.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi

You have blanked out important parts to debug this so cannot really help.

Can see that what you have passed into the requestor field is way too short to be a claims username however so the error supplied is correct that user will not exist :). try passing the username of the requestor in as a minimum and try again

Sorry about that @Gristy I have attached a few other screenshots. I have to blank out names though hopefully, they help.

I changed the requestor claim to use the responder's email address and tested and it still failed the same error. 

Screen Shot 8.pngScreen Shot 10.pngScreen Shot 11.png

Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The error is because you are passing Display Name into the Requestor Claims field.

try User Principal Name instead.

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I change the Requestor Claims to the User Principle Name and I still received the same error. 

What I don't understand is that it works for some form submissions but not others. When I compare the submission data of the successful vs the failed submissions I don't see anything different about the user name or email address. 

Here is the specific error 

The specified user could not be found.
clientRequestId: cabaf8a1-c70f-40b8-8757-6b403cd051aa
serviceRequestId: cabaf8a1-c70f-40b8-8757-6b403cd051aa

Screen Shot 12.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (939)