cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imadorkous
Helper II
Helper II

Create Sharepoint item with multi-people picker fields

Hello I am trying to build a flow which copies one sharepoint item from one list to another when the item is closed. I pretty much everything down, except I have three people fields, which allows for multiple selections and selection of peoples only. These fields may contain one to many people in the field. So its a dynamic number.

The Three people fields are:

Sales Engineer

Assign RAIL Item to

CF Group

I have been looking around the web and I have seen that it has to be in a certain format: 

[
  {
    "Claims": "Test1@TestEmail.com"
  },
  {
    "Claims": "Test2@TestEmail.com"
  }
]

However, it wasn't clear on how this is done, or what variable types are used.

This is currently what I have setup thus far:

2020-10-03 10_07_37-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png2020-10-03 10_08_31-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png2020-10-03 10_08_59-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

Let me know if anyone can help, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sudharsan1985
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @imadorkous 

The format that you had mentioned for the People Field is correct and it has to be in that format. You can get the People Field values from the trigger action. Follow the below steps

• Initialize 3 variables of type Array for the 3 people field.
  • Use Apply to each individually on the people field values and append the claims id to the array in the format that you had mentioned in your post.
  • Pass the variable to the Create Item action for that property.

Below is for your reference

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Sharepoint-Tasks-with-multiple-people-assigned/m-...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sudharsan1985
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @imadorkous 

The format that you had mentioned for the People Field is correct and it has to be in that format. You can get the People Field values from the trigger action. Follow the below steps

• Initialize 3 variables of type Array for the 3 people field.
  • Use Apply to each individually on the people field values and append the claims id to the array in the format that you had mentioned in your post.
  • Pass the variable to the Create Item action for that property.

Below is for your reference

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Sharepoint-Tasks-with-multiple-people-assigned/m-...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

-Sudharsan K...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,548)