cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rio688
Level: Powered On

Create Sharepoint list item - Dynamic URL

Hello,

I am trying to build a flow currently to work alongside my Powerapp, currently I have a top level site with about 350 subsites representing my customers different geographical sites, the purpose of the app is for any of the site managers to raise a repair case, each site manager has their own of these subsites and part of this case raising we would like an item to be created in a sharepoint list. Currently the App writes back a record to an SQL database to raise the case with HQ. But so that they can view what cases have been raised and HQ can communicate information back to the manager we need it to also create an item in a sharepoint list. The problem we have is that although the list name is static across all sites the URL obviously changes, this works fine for creating a file in a document library as we have the app writing photos of the repair work back to a library at each subsite, but if I try to use dynamic content in the URL I get the following tempsnip.png

Does anyone know a way around this?

Thanks

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create Sharepoint list item - Dynamic URL

Hi @rio688,

I have made a test on my side and the issue is confirmed on my side.

I afraid that the dynamic URL of a sharepoint list is not supported in the "Create item" action of sharepoint connector, and there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum so it might be considered for future releases:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @rio688,

I have made a test on my side and the issue is confirmed on my side.

I afraid that the dynamic URL of a sharepoint list is not supported in the "Create item" action of sharepoint connector, and there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum so it might be considered for future releases:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

sandro_asp
Level: Powered On

By default, i.e. using the MSFT SharePoint connector you cannot use dynamic URL but that doesn't mean that you cannot accomplish that using Flow's...

To implement that need you need to create a custom Web API, can be an Azure Web API and implement that logic. And use for example the HTTP Action to call that Web API.

Sandro Pereira
MVP | Microsoft Azure (Integration)

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 190 members 4,565 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: