Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waywardm
Frequent Visitor

Create Table CSV from Common Data Service lookup fields

I have a flow where I list records from an entity called 

Product in the Common Data Source

this has a lookup field titled Brand of which i have used the expand query to get two fields from the look up table as shown in the images however i cannot seem to pull the data into the create csv header it is not givving them me as options

Does anybody have any ideas? There doesn't seem to be anydocumentation anywhere for this scenario.

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNGCapture3.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

You have a few options. You can output your records to HTML or a SharePoint List, and then export to a CSV. This blog post, outlines both of those steps. Also, here are some example templates: 

SharePoint List is what I recommend, as it has a robust connector that affords you the ability to access and manipulate the data in nearly endless ways. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @waywardm ,

Do you want to insert the two fields in Lookup table into CSV table?

Perhaps you could try the following methods to achieve the requirements.

For example, TestIDs entity has a Lookup field--AccountName from Account entity. When configuring CSV table, we need to insert the two fields contained in Account entity into the table.

• Initialize the array variable to store the contents of the csv table, and use List records action to get all the records in TestIDs.
  • Iterate through all the records, and use Get record to get the corresponding record in lookup table.
  • In Item identifier needs to fill the relevant Dynamic content with Lookup table, we need to configure according to the actual situation, this value corresponds to GUID of the record in Lookup table.
  • Then add Dynamic content output from List records and Get record to the array variable, select the fields that need to be displayed in the CSV table.
  • Finally configure CSV table, please take a try.

Image reference:

23.PNG24.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,340)