cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
EB26
Level: Powered On

Create Team Channel with a Display Name Based on a Forms Field

I'm just getting started with Flows (Power Automate). I've created an MS Forms form with a field in it called Company. I'm trying to create a Teams channel which is named with the input of the Company field. I can get the channel created with a fixed name so think I have things worked out at least with creating the channel. Just can get it to have a dynamic name based on the Company field of the form. Many thanks for any help.

Eric 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Create Team Channel with a Display Name Based on a Forms Field

Hi @EB26 you just need to select the question from the dynamic content for the channel name:
channelfromFormsAnswer.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Hi @EB26 you just need to select the question from the dynamic content for the channel name:
channelfromFormsAnswer.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

EB26

OK, I think I was trying to make to too complicated I’ve got it working now. Thanks for the help.

One more question if I may?

The channel  is being created as a hidden channel, do you know why that may be?

image.png

Thanks,

Eric

Super User
Super User

No I don't know why that would be, but I don't think your team name should be all those letters and numbers  but should be the name of the team. maybe that has something to do with it.

Rob
Los Gallardos

EB26

Rob,

I get an error message as below if I use only the Team name

image.png

Super User
Super User

@EB26 what do you see when you click on the dropdown in the Team field? I get the list of Teams I'm a member of. I assume you are a member of the team you are trying to create the channel in (you need to be):

teamDropdown.pngRob
Los Gallardos

EB26

Rob,

Yes, that was it. I am creating the flows as a global admin and that account was not a member of the Team. Added that account and I'm able to see the Team by name now. 

Looks like the Hidden Channels thing is a 'feature' of Teams since June last year.

Thanks for your help.

Eric

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,721)