cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ishraqiyun77
Level: Powered On

Create / Update trigger is creating duplicate records

I have a fairly complex flow that would be a monster to post here in its entirety.

I am using the "When a record is created or updated" trigger for Dynamics 365. The Flow determines whether it needs to create or update based on this condition here:

Capture.PNG

Essentially, if this field is empty then it is a new record and it should create a record in the other web app. When it creates it, that web app responds with the record ID, which is populated in CRM which does trigger the "Update" portion, which while unnecessary, doesn't really do anything.

What I am running into, is the Flow is triggered again before it has even finished running the first time and time is even given for the other web app to respond with the ID to populate that field. I'm just creating a record in Dynamics 365 and clicking save. Nothing else, and triggers twice--one of these triggers should be from the update, but it is happening well before that, so curious why.

See these logs:

Untitled.png

1st.png2nd.pngUpdate.png

It is running a second time before it even finishes running the first time. I can't think of a reason it would do this. Nothing has changed with record, nothing in the Flow is changing the record at this point, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create / Update trigger is creating duplicate records

Hi @ishraqiyun77 ,

Could you please share the full screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please explain more details anout your issues?

Will you flow always run twice for only one created item?

I afraid that you have create the item for the second time so the flow would run twice, please check if you have any flow would create a new item an item is created, also please make sure you have only created the item for one time.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create / Update trigger is creating duplicate records

Hi @ishraqiyun77 ,

Could you please share the full screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please explain more details anout your issues?

Will you flow always run twice for only one created item?

I afraid that you have create the item for the second time so the flow would run twice, please check if you have any flow would create a new item an item is created, also please make sure you have only created the item for one time.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,694)