cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Countdown
Level: Power Up

Create a Calendar Flow For an Event Starting Soon - Condition - Category - Action - Send Email?

Can't get this to work 😞

I have calendar events and I want them to email to different people as the come up.  I have created custom Categories for the conditions(peoples names) and using shared inboxes to send the emails such as reminders@ and salespipeline@.  Some of my calendar events are reocurring... I can get the intial email to send but not the next events that come up.

When and Upcoming Event is Starting

Apply To Each = Categories

Condition = Item is equall to (these are the names of people)

If Yes

Send email form shared inbox

Custom Categories.JPGFlow.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create a Calendar Flow For an Event Starting Soon - Condition - Category - Action - Send Email?

Hi @Countdown,

According to your description, I created a flow likes below to test this issue.

The flow is triggered by “When an upcoming event is starting soon”. I also created custom categories for the Condition.
3.PNG

Then when an event is starting soon, the flow will be triggered and the email would be sent to the specific user.

4.PNG

You said that “I can get the intial email to send but not the next events that come up”, could you provide more details on it? It seems that the issue cannot be reproduced on my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Countdown

Re: Create a Calendar Flow For an Event Starting Soon - Condition - Category - Action - Send Email?

Hi Mabel-

Thank you so much for taking a look.  When creating the event make the event reocurring for example every day and make it an all day event.  Does your flow send the email for each day or just the first occurance? 

Scott

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Countdown,

About reoccurring event and all day event, I am making some test on it. I will back to you once I got the results.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Countdown,

I have some updates for you.

As per my test, I found that All day event works fine. An email would be sent ahead of 00:00.

However, for recurring event, it seems that the email will be sent just the first occurrence. I will help confirm this issue on my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Countdown

Can you get a reocurring event to work.  I don't mind setting a time for those if that helps.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Countdown,

Yes, reoccurring event works, but not for each day, it just works for the first recurrence.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

PeterF
Level: Powered On

Please could you remove my email address (peter.feerick@hymans.co.uk) from the unsubscibe list so that I can recommence receiving email notifications from Flow/Planner etc.

Thanking you in anticipation of your cooperation.

Peter

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @PeterF,

Your Email should be OK to work now.

@Countdown,

Do you need any further help on this topic?

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
PeterF
Level: Powered On

Thanks again, Michael - it's working fine.

Regards

Peter

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,827)