cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Create a Flow that will Move Files from Outlook to SharePoint Online

I am trying to create a flow that will automatically move email attachments from  Outlook to Sharepoint online. I found a flow that allows me to do this, but I need to figure out a way to get the files to be moved into a folder path that changes monthly. 

Each month I have a new folder automatically create with the month name.  I need a flow that will be able to recognize that it is a new month and start sending files to the new folder that is created on the 1st day of the month. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Create a Flow that will Move Files from Outlook to SharePoint Online

Hi @Brycekauffman 

Can you share what the name of the folder according to month will be? 

Example: if it is July in shared documents then the path is Shared Documents/July right? 

In this case, what you could do is, add an initialise a string variable action and use the expression: formatDateTime(utcnow(),'MMMM') and this returns the current month. Directly use this in the path for create file action. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am trying to create a flow where I can delete a large amount of sub folders within a folder. I want to keep the master folder but need to get rid of all its contents. This action will need to be complete once a year. Does any one have any ideas or solutions?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Brycekauffman ,

About your requirement that deletes a large number of subfolders within a folder, you can refer to the following screenshots:

Step 1: Create a Recurrence trigger set 12 Month.

Step 2: Add Get Files action to get these files in the library.

Step 3: Add Filter array action to find the target Master folder, e.g. Hub/Test2.

This function deal with the folder path:

concat(item()?['{Path}'],item()?['{Name}'])

Annotation 2019-07-25 091913.png

Step 4: Create action Apply to each to get item, then put Crate Delete item action into it.

P.S. Please enter custom value into “List name”.

ID: item('Apply_to_each')?['ID']

Step 5: Create a folder with the same name as the original master folder.

Annotation 2019-07-25 092038.png

Please have a try, I hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,316)