Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuanSimon
Regular Visitor

Create a Flow to change Site Collection Admin assignment

Hi all,

I need to solve this puzzle:

When an employee leaves the company, he has a OneDrive account with a SharePoint site linked to it.

The idea is to create a Flow to make the Manager the new SharePoint site collection admin.

This way he has the option to either delete it or take ownership of it. Wondering if I would be able to do that with the SharePoint trigger: Grant access to an item or a folder?

JuanSimon_0-1624919044114.png

Will it work for our manager in this case since he does not have the access to the SharePoint site, to begin with? or should I use PowerShell for this requirement?

Thank you,

JS

2 REPLIES 2
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @JuanSimon 

Grant access to an item or a folder is giving permission to a specific folder or item. In your case you need to add a user to give full permission of the list or library. For that you need to use Send an HTTP trigger to SharePoint action step. Please see below. 

How to manage permissions on a SharePoint List Item using Microsoft Flow – Add Contribute permission...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
JuanSimon
Regular Visitor

Hi, your link does not provide the solution to change the Collection Admin.

You can manually reassign the employee's OneDrive: Step 4 - Give another employee access to OneDrive and Outlook data - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft... 

I wonder if it is possible through Azure AD (where we have a group with a manager attached to it.)?

Has anyone automated it this?

Is this a desktop flow/PowerShell job only due to security concerns?

Thanks,

Juan Simon

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,585)