Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexDorfmayr
Advocate II
Advocate II

Create a Table in Word with Collection from PowerApp

Hey  out there,

I'm trying to do the following: I created an order-PowerApp. All selected items are stored in a single, easy Collection:

FlowIssue1.png

I store my Collection in a single line within my sharepoint list due to the idea of one item per order in my list - so i concat the qhole collection into a single text-field called "Artikelliste_array":
FlowIssue3.png

Now I set up a flow and want to create a Word-File and enter the whole table into the repeated section where I placed correlating items into the section - following this guide here:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/intermediate-flow-of-the-week-create-pdf-invoices-using-word-t...

FlowIssue2.png

All good so far - but the main issue is - i can't convert the string from my sharepoint text-field into an array without ending up with strings instead of values inside my array - i tried to convert in all possible options - so I tried hard but result always comes up like this:
FlowIssue6.png

What I acutally need would be this:

FlowIssue5.png

So the issue is that I can't convert my string into nice and seperate array-items - any ideas on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AlexDorfmayr
Advocate II
Advocate II

After several hours of testing and playing I could finally get the whole thing to run..... here is what I did:

First I need to use the "JSON"-funktion within my PowerApp when patching the string into the sharepoint-list:

FlowIssue8.png

The colum-type of the sharepoint list has to be a multiline-text-column:

FlowIssue9.png

The next step is to Use the "Array"-Input within the "populate Word-template-action and here - the Inline-Function "json" too:
FlowIssue7.png

Now I finally see my Word-Table being populated perfectly 🙂 

FlowIssue10.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlexDorfmayr
Advocate II
Advocate II

After several hours of testing and playing I could finally get the whole thing to run..... here is what I did:

First I need to use the "JSON"-funktion within my PowerApp when patching the string into the sharepoint-list:

FlowIssue8.png

The colum-type of the sharepoint list has to be a multiline-text-column:

FlowIssue9.png

The next step is to Use the "Array"-Input within the "populate Word-template-action and here - the Inline-Function "json" too:
FlowIssue7.png

Now I finally see my Word-Table being populated perfectly 🙂 

FlowIssue10.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,228)