Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Create a Table in Word with Collection from PowerApp

Hey  out there,

I'm trying to do the following: I created an order-PowerApp. All selected items are stored in a single, easy Collection:

FlowIssue1.png

I store my Collection in a single line within my sharepoint list due to the idea of one item per order in my list - so i concat the qhole collection into a single text-field called "Artikelliste_array":
FlowIssue3.png

Now I set up a flow and want to create a Word-File and enter the whole table into the repeated section where I placed correlating items into the section - following this guide here:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/intermediate-flow-of-the-week-create-pdf-invoices-using-word-t...

FlowIssue2.png

All good so far - but the main issue is - i can't convert the string from my sharepoint text-field into an array without ending up with strings instead of values inside my array - i tried to convert in all possible options - so I tried hard but result always comes up like this:
FlowIssue6.png

What I acutally need would be this:

FlowIssue5.png

So the issue is that I can't convert my string into nice and seperate array-items - any ideas on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Create a Table in Word with Collection from PowerApp

After several hours of testing and playing I could finally get the whole thing to run..... here is what I did:

First I need to use the "JSON"-funktion within my PowerApp when patching the string into the sharepoint-list:

FlowIssue8.png

The colum-type of the sharepoint list has to be a multiline-text-column:

FlowIssue9.png

The next step is to Use the "Array"-Input within the "populate Word-template-action and here - the Inline-Function "json" too:
FlowIssue7.png

Now I finally see my Word-Table being populated perfectly 🙂 

FlowIssue10.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Create a Table in Word with Collection from PowerApp

After several hours of testing and playing I could finally get the whole thing to run..... here is what I did:

First I need to use the "JSON"-funktion within my PowerApp when patching the string into the sharepoint-list:

FlowIssue8.png

The colum-type of the sharepoint list has to be a multiline-text-column:

FlowIssue9.png

The next step is to Use the "Array"-Input within the "populate Word-template-action and here - the Inline-Function "json" too:
FlowIssue7.png

Now I finally see my Word-Table being populated perfectly 🙂 

FlowIssue10.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,028)