cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
AlexDorfmayr
Advocate II
Advocate II

Create a Table in Word with Collection from PowerApp

Hey  out there,

I'm trying to do the following: I created an order-PowerApp. All selected items are stored in a single, easy Collection:

FlowIssue1.png

 

I store my Collection in a single line within my sharepoint list due to the idea of one item per order in my list - so i concat the qhole collection into a single text-field called "Artikelliste_array":
FlowIssue3.png

 

Now I set up a flow and want to create a Word-File and enter the whole table into the repeated section where I placed correlating items into the section - following this guide here:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/intermediate-flow-of-the-week-create-pdf-invoices-using-word-t...

FlowIssue2.png

 

All good so far - but the main issue is - i can't convert the string from my sharepoint text-field into an array without ending up with strings instead of values inside my array - i tried to convert in all possible options - so I tried hard but result always comes up like this:
FlowIssue6.png

 

What I acutally need would be this:

FlowIssue5.png

 

So the issue is that I can't convert my string into nice and seperate array-items - any ideas on this?

 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AlexDorfmayr
Advocate II
Advocate II

After several hours of testing and playing I could finally get the whole thing to run..... here is what I did:

First I need to use the "JSON"-funktion within my PowerApp when patching the string into the sharepoint-list:

FlowIssue8.png

 

 

 

 

The colum-type of the sharepoint list has to be a multiline-text-column:

FlowIssue9.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next step is to Use the "Array"-Input within the "populate Word-template-action and here - the Inline-Function "json" too:
FlowIssue7.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now I finally see my Word-Table being populated perfectly 🙂 

FlowIssue10.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlexDorfmayr
Advocate II
Advocate II

After several hours of testing and playing I could finally get the whole thing to run..... here is what I did:

First I need to use the "JSON"-funktion within my PowerApp when patching the string into the sharepoint-list:

FlowIssue8.png

 

 

 

 

The colum-type of the sharepoint list has to be a multiline-text-column:

FlowIssue9.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next step is to Use the "Array"-Input within the "populate Word-template-action and here - the Inline-Function "json" too:
FlowIssue7.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now I finally see my Word-Table being populated perfectly 🙂 

FlowIssue10.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,186)