Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RTW
Level: Powered On

Create a To-Do list with steps

Hi everyone,

I have a flow that creates a task in Microsoft To-Do on a few days during the week were I have to create a report and send it out. I have steps and instructions written out in the body of the task. What I would like to do is have them appears as "Steps" that I can tick off, as sometimes I might be interrupted or have to wait for a process to finish before I can return, and it would be easier to track where I am in a task. I thought about just generating a bunch of tasks, one for each step, but I'd rather not do that.

If this is possible, let me know, otherwise I'll post this in the Ideas board.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create a To-Do list with steps

Hi @RTW ,

Thanks for updating.

Even though the steps are created with checkbox, they are not clickable on Planner.

Please feel resubmit your request on the Flow Ideas Forum so that it might be taken into consideration in future releases.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

As the official Planner connector documentation points out, creating, updating or deleting task checklist items isn't currently supported. If this is functionality you would like to see added to Flow or a Flow Template, please consider submitting it to the Flow Ideas page, where it can be voted on by other users, and tracked and commented on by the Flow team.

There are currently two Flow Ideas for checklist items that you may like to vote on and follow:

One workaround that isn't perfect but it does work (I use it myself), is adding an unordered list to the task description, utilizing ASCII characters like ☐ todo ☑ completed and ☒ postponed.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RTW ,

It seems that you are working with Microsoft To-Do.

Do you want to create a task with steps? And then you could like to cross off steps from to-do task once you fished it?

We could create a task with steps on To-Do, however, it looks like we are not able to tick off the steps using Flow.

On Outlook To-do, we could edit the created task to add remark or highlight the finished task instead.

Please take a try with it on your side.

I have made the following test for your reference.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
RTW
Level: Powered On

@v-yamao-msft 

I can't seem to get this to work. I modified the body of my task to this.

<div id="myDIV" class="header">
	<h2>My To Do List</h2>
	<input type="text" id="myInput" placeholder="Title...">
	<span onlclick="newElement()" class="addBtn">Add</span>
</div>

<ul id="MyUL">
	<li>Step 1</li>
	<li>Step 2</li>
	<li>Step 3</li>
	<li>Step 4</li>
	<li>Step 5</li>
</ul>

This is the result.

image.png

This is what I would want. I would like the flow to create the task with steps like pressing the "Add Steps" button in the app.

image.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RTW ,

Thanks for updating.

Even though the steps are created with checkbox, they are not clickable on Planner.

Please feel resubmit your request on the Flow Ideas Forum so that it might be taken into consideration in future releases.

Best regards,

Mabel

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,202)