cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a Worksheet and Table in Excel and then adding data to the new Table in the worksheet.

So basically I am trying to create a flow that takes input data from a datasource (a single Excel file) and inputs it into a new worksheet in a new table. The premiss of the flow is a continuation of the following post as it partially covers my task link. The post explains how to create a new worksheet and create a table with columnames in said worksheet. However I need to be able to input data into the table in the specific worksheet after it is created. The worksheet names and the table names are predetermied by the name of the input file so the sheet becomes <filename>_worksheet and the table becomes <filename>_table (hovewer the table names are not that important)

However when I try to set a step add row in table and try to specify the worksheet name and table name that are Flow runtime expressions and therefore cannot be used.

Table and worksheet creationTable and worksheet creationEntering data in the worksheetEntering data in the worksheet

Is there any way that the functionality I am trying to use can be implemented Microsoft Flow or will I have to use external tools for my project?  Any kind of input will be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Create a Worksheet and Table in Excel and then adding data to the new Table in the worksheet.

Hi @Anonymous,

I am afraid we can't build such a flow.

As the error message shows, the Dynamic filled in the Table field is still at design-time, so it is not a certain value.

Here, a certain value is needed to connect to the corresponding Table and obtain the Column contained in the Table.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Create a Worksheet and Table in Excel and then adding data to the new Table in the worksheet.

Hi @Anonymous,

I am afraid we can't build such a flow.

As the error message shows, the Dynamic filled in the Table field is still at design-time, so it is not a certain value.

Here, a certain value is needed to connect to the corresponding Table and obtain the Column contained in the Table.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi barry thank you for your swift answer. It really is a shame that adding content to dynamically created sheets and content is not possible, although it seems as if the system should be able to do it. Hopefully it will someday be a feature, as it would be really conveniant.

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hello

Has any progress or work-arounds been created to cover this issue, seems odd that you are able to create a "container" but there is no way to fill it in a single flow.

Cheers

Rob

Highlighted

I actually have found a way to do this. I found this post while trying to achieve the same thing and decided to add my findings. I was able to achieve this by using JSON in the "item" field as shown in my image. The key is the table column and the value is the value you want to add to that row.

EXAMPLE

{
    "column1":"value",
    "column2":"value"
}

2020-04-09 10_40_30-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,961)