cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Create a file with a word template and send it by email will only send the templae and not list info

Hello,

I have a SP Online list with this information:

- name

- department

- certificates

I have a document template which i fill with the infomation from the SP Online list.

With this information i create via MS Flow a file (.docx) and place it in a SP doc lib.

Then i want to send this document to the person (name) by Flow. When i do this i only see the template and not the information i selected from the list.

If i open de document online i also see only the template. When i open de document in Word then i see the information i selected from the list.

What am i doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

@Speedymarc,

Try searching for "sharepoint powerhour" on the web, I saw somting about this, this weekend, you might need to spend an hour watching it to understand it.  I have not watched this yet.

Hope that helps, sorry I cannot help you with the issue and provide you with a definitive responce.

Regards,

Andrew

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Speedymarc,

Could you share a screenshot of your flow?

It seems that you will create a word document in SharePoint library when an item is created in a list. However, the file created in the library will be blank when it is checked online. Am i right?

By the way, could you tell more about the document template?

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi @v-yamao-msft,

The Flow is:

- When Item is created

- Get file content

- Create file

- Update fileproperties

- Send e-mail

" It seems that you will create a word document in SharePoint library when an item is created in a list. However, the file created in the library will be blank when it is checked online. Am i right? "

Yes. If you open the document in the document library with Word Online you only see the text of the Word template. You see the document properties and not the items in the list.

" By the way, could you tell more about the document template? "

The document template is stored in de document library. This Library has the same columns as the list. The document is then crated in Word and uses document properties.

I hope you can help me ...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,676)