cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matpel10
Regular Visitor

Create a flow in Sharepoint that send an email when I modified a column in my document library

Hi,

Context
Each day, I receive an excel file in an email from "X" and I upload the excel in our Sharepoint Document Library. Then, my team has to scan it and send an email confirmation back to "X".

Where I Am

I have created a flow that upload the email attachment in our document library. The next step would be to have a column with two choices (Confirmed, Pending) with pending as default and when our team change pending to confirmed, it automatically send a confirmation email to X.

Could you help me for the second part. I am kinda lost.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jdoss
Resolver II
Resolver II

You should use the "Start and wait for an approval" after the document is uploaded. You can send them the link to the document in the approval. You have the option for all of your team to approve or the first person to do so. If they approve you can then send a confirmation back to "X" or let them know it is not confirmed. The team can also leave comments to help guide "X" if it is rejected and they can try again. See image for example:

approval.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jdoss
Resolver II
Resolver II

You should use the "Start and wait for an approval" after the document is uploaded. You can send them the link to the document in the approval. You have the option for all of your team to approve or the first person to do so. If they approve you can then send a confirmation back to "X" or let them know it is not confirmed. The team can also leave comments to help guide "X" if it is rejected and they can try again. See image for example:

approval.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,873)