cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Create a flow task when file uploaded to sharepoint

Background: We are a tax agent service. We set up companies and other types of legal entities as well as providing tax services & advice. 

Now I've set up a flow to run in our organisation whenever someone uploads an entity set up form to a sharepoint folder to create a task and assign particular users in the organisation to the task.

The flow is using my credentials and says that I've requested the set up of 'abc company' in planner. How would I go about updating the created by field in planner?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ceedeebee ,

There is no any way to update the "Created by" for a task in Microsoft flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Planner integration is limited, to achieve what you need you should change the connection of the flow to the account you want to show as the Created By user.

Normally yes, that would be the solution however the forms are uploaded to the sharepoint by multiple users. Do I need to connect all their accounts as usable 'connections' to the actual flow?

No it has nothing to do with the person who created the item in the document library, the flow runs as whatever user you set it up as. The only exception is when your integrating in powerapps, or using flows started by the flow menu where you have not shared connections

So does that mean I need to add each users connection to that flow in order for their name to be pulled up. Won't it just end up which connection to use? Is there anyway to have the connection be dynamic i.e user that uploads the document become the owner of that flow.

We are about 40 staff so trying to manually add each connection sounds like an absolute nightmare. Is there any workaround to this?

Is there some sort of admin account whereby I can use the connections of the user that created the document. 

The workaround for the mean time is assigning the user to the task who created the document in the sharepoint library.

Had some issues with some user profiles as they've had multiple email addresses but the get user profile seems to workaround that.

from the ones i have tested, if you are executing it like "run for selected item" it will prompt them when they start it.

Best thing to do is give it a go with at trial as each can be different, depends on how your flow is triggered i expect.

Ent Maint Flow.JPG

So that's what the current flow is. It is set to run automatically once a document is uploaded to the sharepoint folder. 

Hi @ceedeebee ,

There is no any way to update the "Created by" for a task in Microsoft flow currently.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (11,390)