cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a flow that sends 1 email to multiple email addresses from a list w/ selected people

I have an SPO list "XXContacts" that is based on a contacts app so has all of the outlook type fields including email address.  FROM Sharepoint list page, I would like to be able to make multiple selections from the list, then either click a button or ? that sends a single email (which varies) to them (like a distribution list) but the list of recipients changes all the time so would need to be selected on the fly.

ex> today I want to sen an email to those that are category 1, tomorrow i want to send to those in arizona only, etc, etc. 

I cannot seem to get from a single selectin to multi selection then trigger a flow....

I am ok having the email send from a local outlook but would prefer to use the flow smtp action.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create a flow that sends 1 email to multiple email addresses from a list w/ selected people

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to select multiple items in the List, and then get the email contained in these items, as the To address of the email, and send the mail?

I am afraid that Flow does not currently support selecting multiple items as triggers in the SP list.

You could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Maybe you could consider classifying contacts, adding the category code column, and then inputting the category code using the button as trigger of Flow.

Use the Get items action to configure the Filter query to filter out the corresponding Items, like: the category code eq ‘input’.

Use an array to store the email address contained in the items and send it as To address of Email.

Take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Create a flow that sends 1 email to multiple email addresses from a list w/ selected people

Thank you for your response, yes, I want our users to select multiple contacts from the "Contact" list then press a button  to initiate an email to all of them at once (email address from list, same email contents for all) from the devices email client (typically outlook)....

.... I wonder if I can use a power APP to send the email from a list of selected items in the list??? any thoughts?

I will consider the category field as the trigger.... it may work as a temp solution.

Can you elaborate on the steps I would need to do???

Thank you in advance...

Highlighted
scotth82
Level: Powered On

Hi,

This is a really tricky one but thought of a potential workaround.

You could add a column called 'mail this person with a "Yes/No" type input and then set up a view to just show the "Yes" and use a recurring flow to email anyone that appears in the "Yes" view with it running every x number of minutes?

Not the cleanest way to do it but does work.

Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @Anonymous!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @scotth82‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not tried this yet....

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,075)