Frequent Visitor

Create a flow to backup a Sharepoint list to Excel

Hi Power Automate community,

I require a flow that will:
- Every Friday at 5:45pm, execute the below flow
- Export/Get items of a Sharepoint list
- Create or add rows to an Excel workbook
- Save to a specific location on a network drive
- Name the workbook ABCD-DD.MM.YYYY (or something similar)

I know this is quite commonly asked on this forum but after a page of purple links on google that haven't helped me reach my desired outcome, I've decided to make my own post.

So far I've managed to tick a few of these processes from the links that I've tried so far, but ideally I'd like to make the process as automated as possible.
As per the below image, I can: Start a flow, get the items from the SP list and Add a row with my specified columns for each item I require.

BasicFlow.png

This is a great start, but it still leaves me with having to manually rename, save a copy in the backup archive location and then clearing the contents of the template .xlsx file I've used.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rohentz
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Kazzao how are you?

@Kazzao If I understood your requirements, maybe the easiest way to rich your goal is to use SharePoint or OneDrive connector to create /copy the file and after this with the Excel Business connector, create the worksheet and the table and after that fill the table with the data from SharePoint list. 

To create a scheduled flow Run flows on a schedule - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

You can find references to create the file or copy using One Drive OneDrive for Business - Connectors | Microsoft Docs or SharePoint SharePoint - Connectors | Microsoft Docs 

To create a worksheet and table  Excel Online (Business) - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

Please let me know if this information helped to answer your question.

Regards

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Support Engineer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rohentz
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Kazzao how are you?

@Kazzao If I understood your requirements, maybe the easiest way to rich your goal is to use SharePoint or OneDrive connector to create /copy the file and after this with the Excel Business connector, create the worksheet and the table and after that fill the table with the data from SharePoint list. 

To create a scheduled flow Run flows on a schedule - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

You can find references to create the file or copy using One Drive OneDrive for Business - Connectors | Microsoft Docs or SharePoint SharePoint - Connectors | Microsoft Docs 

To create a worksheet and table  Excel Online (Business) - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

Please let me know if this information helped to answer your question.

Regards

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Support Engineer

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (59,001)