cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Create a flow using an existing Power App set up

Hi,

How can i navigate and use my Power App and complete my flow creation in Power Automate.

I tried choosing Action-> Power Automate and Create a new flow but it isn't creating new flow. In few tutorials, it was given that new flow can be created by clicking 'Create a new flow' button. But for me, It redirects to Power Automate Templates page. How can I use my App and its components in a flow? 

'Create flow' redirects to templates page in Power Automate'Create flow' redirects to templates page in Power Automate.

10 REPLIES 10
Super User
Super User

@gopalakrishnan , you can go to https://flow.microsoft.com/ and create a flow with PowerApp trigger, then come back to your PowerApps, to go Power Automate and you will see the flow that you created.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@annajhaveri ,

Thanks for the reply.

Fine. It asks to fill in to an expression,.

fine.png

What should I fill here?

Can I use the components defined in the App in the flow?

@gopalakrishnan , you need to complete the expression as follows, you can use the component values in the between the parenthesis, see here  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/How-to-get-a-value-in-Power-Apps-and-pass-it... for further details.

annajhaveri_0-1611320715516.png

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer

@annajhaveri ,

When i try to give arguments, it throw my an error

Screenshot_2.png

It isn't allowing to enter any argument.

How can I resolve it?

@gopalakrishnan  in the flow you also need to select the dynamic content “Ask in PowerApps” for number of fields you want to pass from PowerApp to flow. So in the Flow, for the action that you have added, select Ask in PowerApps from dynamic content, save the flow and again try providing parameters to run expressions in PowerApp.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

@annajhaveri ,

Thanks for the reply.

How I need to enter the value of the variable generated using 'Ask in PowerApps'?. Is it in JSON format or something? For instance: If I'm generating variable for 'File content' using 'Ask in Power Apps', Do I need to enter in this way when I test the flow manually:

{ "File content" :"pdf"}

@gopalakrishnan if you are trying to pass file from PowerApps attachment control to flow, then refer to this blog https://officepoweruser.com/upload-a-file-to-sharepoint-in-power-apps/, there are significant steps you need to follow.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

@annajhaveri ,

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to upload a file to SharePoint. I gave file name as 'Ask in PowerApp' and passed file in Run method. But I'm confused with how can I pass file name while testing it manually.

val.png

It gives this error

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Compose' inputs at line '1' and column '7952': 'The template language function 'dataUriToBinary' expects its parameter to be formatted as a valid data URI. The provided value was not formatted correctly.

@gopalakrishnan , please refer to the given blog link, it has step by step walk through on how you can upload file to SharePoint from PowerApp, if you feel stuck in any of the steps let me know.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

@annajhaveri ,

Thanks for the reply.

I went through the document. I found out a template available for my use case as well.

https://unitedkingdom.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/1f4a2b1b99e64e8dbb81b7c47c...

I am stuck with how I need to give the values of file name and file content when i run the template manually. I am getting error

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Create_file' inputs at line '1' and column '2492': 'The template language function 'dataUriToBinary' expects its parameter to be formatted as a valid data URI. The provided value was not formatted correctly.

I can't find the answer to that question in that blog link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (51,805)