cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a flow which notifies if a user has not inputted an entry

Hi,

I have 2 sharepoint lists - "Well-being Tracklist and IT wellbeing weeks. Several columns in IT Wellbeing Tracklist is a lookup to the IT Wellbeing Tracklist (highlighted yellow in the image).

itwellbeing.PNGitwellbeingweeks.PNG

I would like to create a flow which sends an email notifying if a user has not inputted an entry for that week. e.g. If week 1 is from the 1st to the 7th and user A has not inputted an entry by the 7th, I would like flow to send that user an email, notifying that they have not submitted an entry for week 1.

I am currently stuck on formulating this flow, any inputs on this would be great!

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi

If I were you I would apply the following approach:

-Weekly recurrence trigger (to be executed the day after each of your Weeks' End Date)

-Get the users list (not clear for me where do you have this info stored)

-Get items from the list your users shall enter a new item weekly. If the week number for each item in this list is a lookup column, you will need to read all items, and apply a Filter Array afterwords (i.e. ODATA filters will not work, as discussed in this thread)

-Once you get an array with all the items assigned to the target week number, you can implement an Array to Each, taking as its imput the users list. Inside the loop I would verify if current user reported an item on the target week number, if not send an email.

If you need help with any of these steps please let us know

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @efialttes

Thank you for your input. Below is my attempt at implementing your suggestion, but i'm abit stuck at some points and don't know if what i'm doing is correct:

itwb1.PNGitwb2.PNG

Am I in the right path?

Almost!

Three requests:

1st: can you share a screenshot of how you defined your Filter Array? But please click on 'Edit in advanced mode' first

2nd: which column in 'Well-being tracking List v2' is the one you use to store the ID of the user reporting each item? Is it the one called 'Email'? 'Created By'?

3rd: you have a list with all your users stored somewhere, right? You need it, but I do not see in your screenshots where you get it.

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,889)